Sunday, December 6, 2009

Warning: Navel Gazing

Bah. This is just me being really obvious and rambly and not at all insightful about anything really. Just spewing out the shit that's sloshing around in my head so that I don't go crazy.

I have a phone interview tomorrow afternoon for a seasonal park job out near San Francisco. It's great because, hey it's a real interview for a job I think I'm qualified for and good at! If I do get it, I'd get to live for awhile in a place I've never been before, which is cool. And also nerve-wracking and scary.

The last time I relocated was for college and I had the safety net of being a teenager and depending on my awesome parents when I felt I needed the help. And it all ended up great because I graduated with honors. And had a job in a related field upon graduation. That counts as pretty successful, right? Then, I moved back home for a awhile to save up and pay off my car and then finally moved out last year and I've been on my own since. It was all sunshine and puppies until I lost my job in April, and things aren't looking too great right now in the cash flow dept. since I'm about out of unemployment benefits and could have to move back in with my parents if things don't turn around, like, soon. So getting this interview couldn't have come at a more perfect time. My apartment lease is up next month and I was already pretty certain I wasn't renewing (see above re: money, I got none).

But if I do get the job and relocate (at least temporarily, but who knows if that could change to permanently), it will be WAY more complicated than when I moved away for college. For one, I have a lot more shit now. And it's three times as far to drive as it was to get up to school. And I'd be driving by myself in December across a lot of areas where there's, you know, known winter weather and shit. And, like, mountains and stuff. Hi, snow! I know a lot of this stuff I'd be able to deal with, because I know I'm a big girl and all that. And I know my parents would help me however they could--they wouldn't just wave goodbye and wish me luck. I know this. I'm just worrying because I feel like I can't do anything else right now and will probably feel that way until I get through the interview tomorrow. Bleh. I hate waiting.

Also at LJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment