Monday, July 20, 2009

Torchwood: Just look for us by the Bay!

Since I'm re-watching Children of Earth on BBC America--because there's something to be said for watching TV the old fashioned way, on the TV--I figured I'd post my original thoughts along with a few new ones.

Here's the original post.

And after the cut I'll have a few more once I get a full body scan to see if I've picked up an alien hitchhiker of my own.

Addendum for Torchwood: Children of Earth episode 1:

The fact that they don't even really bother to cover their tracks anymore, so you know more people than Kathy Swanson and little grannies on the street are muttering "bloody Torchwood" in their wake. I suppose Ianto is too busy being awesome in other arenas to keep up with the Retcon/Tourist Info subterfuge.

From the brief glimpse of Rupesh before we found out he was a mole and subsequently a dead mole I liked him. Still bummed that was a dead end. Why yes, I did walk right into that.

Okay, dude. Jack's action!man running is freaking hilarious. Like he was part Auton, but only from the waist up.

I love Ianto's family--Ria is AWESOME and warm and why doesn't Ianto spend more time with her, Johnny starts in with the gay jokes but not in a mean way, Mica and David are all "money, kthanxbye".

As I said earlier, I love the strangeness between Jack and Alice. And that to her he is Daniel(?) and it's all awkward silences and putting your foot in it.

As I watch this for the second time, I'm still unclear why the assassin squad wants to demolish all of Torchwood Cardiff if what they really want is just Jack. I mean, maybe it's to make sure they leave no trace, but it's still not really clear at first. And what were they doing trying to infiltrate Torchwood for all those months prior to the 4-5-6--was it just to study Jack? Why is another government agency trying to take down Torchwood if Torchwood was set up to be "outside the government, beyond the police"? WTF. NOT CLEAR!

The super-advanced body scanner is clearly a disassembled photocopier. I mean, seriously props people. Can't you put a little more effort into it?




Also at LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment