Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Torchwood: Using advanced alien tech for sexy shananigans!

Since I'm re-watching Children of Earth on BBC America--because there's something to be said for watching TV the old fashioned way, on the TV--I figured I'd post my original thoughts along with a few new ones.

Here's the original post.

New thoughts after under the cut after I do a quick wardrobe change, because track pants really don't do anyone any favors.

Addendum for Torchwood: Children of Earth episode 3:

I imagine Jack got a kick out of Gwen suggesting they run cons...and dabbling in his conman past just a little bit for the forces of good. And stealing a flash car doesn't hurt.

"Bloody beans" indeed, Ianto. A fandom collectively cursed Rhys forever for that.

Guh, I can feel Lois' squicky-ness at what she did to get herself into Thames House.

I know there have been lots of complaints in the past about how RTD and co. shoved it down our throats that Gwen was the humanitarian of the crew, and I did feel that was true to a certain extent in the first season; however, during this whole arc, I feel like they've finally struck the perfect balance between her humanity and steeliness.

Ianto + pinstripe = OTP

I know I sort of ragged a bit on the way they showed (or not) the 4-5-6, but watching this a second time all I can think is how fucking creepy and disgusting they are.

I want to punch PM Green in the face. Repeatedly. Until he has no face left.

Of course Ianto knows shorthand, because he does know everything. Even when it doesn't say so at the bottom of the screen.

It's one thing to hear about Jack's less than upstanding past--vague and circumspect those details may be--but it's so much worse to see it play out. To see him so calmly give those children over "for the greater good" and he just gets on with it. As disturbing as it is to see though, I'm glad they didn't shy away from these aspects of Jack's past. Someone whose been around as long as he has, seen what he's seen, done what he's done--you can't just gloss over that.



Also at LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment