Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Torchwood: Yes, we can operate heavy machinery!

Since I'm re-watching Children of Earth on BBC America--because there's something to be said for watching TV the old fashioned way, on the TV--I figured I'd post my original thoughts along with a few new ones.

The original post is here.

And my extra thoughts are under the cut after I bum a tenner to get some dinner.

Addendum for Torchwood: Children of Earth episode 2

I get that BBC America is ad-supported, but having a commercial break every 5-7 minutes is ABC-level annoying.

Knowing what we know about Jack, the government's theory that the Hub is the source of All Power is laughable. And I would like to know what started this whole "kill Torchwood/Jack" thing in the first place--they never did get really clear about that.

I LOVE Ianto's sister, still don't understand why Ianto's not closer with her.

You know, they never did say what happened to Myfanwy. What happened!? These are the enduring questions.

Seeing Jack literally regrow in the body bag: morbid and creepifying.

Knowing what I know Lois does later in the series, I must say I am a much bigger fan of her than when I first watched this.

Decker, the guy in charge of building the 4-5-6 room, is just CREEPY. No other word.

I know it's such a big plot hole you could drive one of Rhys' lorries through it, but how awesome is it to have Ianto literally breaking Jack out of prison like that?!




Also at LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment